There are many types of curses, these are some of the known types:
- Polymorph when Equpped, An unfortunate soul was even turned into an Imp and killed by passing adventurers once
- Blinding Curses when an item is Equipped
- Radom Negative Item properties when an item is equipped
- An Item switches on and off and may change item properties, then lose them
- A disease or poison is inflicted when the affected item is equipped
- The item may explode when used
- The item may not function when used
- The item may inflict damage when used
- Many other types whicch are equally cursed!
There are several ways to discover if an item is cursed,
The most obvious one is equipping it. People with a high Lore or Spellcraft skill may be able to spot the curse before that happens though, for example when they first acquire the item. The difficulty class for detecting a curse depends on the cursed Item's worth. Items with high value have curses that are harder to detect. An Identify or Legend Lore spell will also assist a careful adventurer.
To get rid of curses it is highly recommended to seek out another player character capable of casting a remove curse spell on you.
System courtesy of Rasael.